Document Management API
The document management module is a full-blown document management system, including features as review & publication workflow, versioning, feedback & collaboration.
It can contains documents in various formats (HTML, Microsoft Office types, PDF etc.). It can also contain processes (flowcharts with accompanying metadata).
This module is licensed under the name iDocument (all document types except processes) and iProcess (adds the option to work with process flowcharts).
The API for this module is mainly focused on retrieval of content stored in this module.
In most scenario’s, the API’s which operate on portals or collections will be used instead of directly interacting with the API of the document management module.
The purpose of the portals and collections is discussed further in this document.
A REST API, WCF API and a SOAP API are available for the Document Management module.
Please note that each API offers a different feature set.
Depending on the scenario, you might need to use the REST API, SOAP API or the WCF API.
The REST API for iProva Document Management can be used to accomplish the scenario’s listed below:
- Use the documents route to retrieve the metadata and content of a document. In case of an HTML document, you can retrieve the text content of each paragraph in the document; in case of Word/Excel/PDF/etc you can download the binary file. In addition, you can use the document_media route to download the content of media-items which can be present in HTML documents.
And you can use the hyperlinks route to retrieve detailed information about hyperlinks which can be present in the content of documents.
- You can create new documents and add new versions to already existing documents.
- Users can comment on documents, and users can reply on each others comments.
- You can use the comments route to add new comments, retrieve existing comments, reply to comments and so on.
- Use the bulk_exports route to retrieve information about bulk export sets which have been prepared by the iProva application manager, and download the content of a bulk export in ZIP-format.
General API usage information
Overview of important information for consumers of the iProva REST API, with topics like versioning, verbs, status codes, authentication and error handling.
Overview of changes and announced deprecations regarding the iProva REST API.
Our code samples on GitHub show you how to get started with the iProva REST API.
A detailed reference for this API is provided in Swagger format.
Please note that the Swagger reference is also present in each customer’s iProva tenant. You can find it by adding /api to the URL of the customer’s iProva tenant. For example: https://organisation.iprova.nl/api
In order to interact with the Swagger reference, you need to access the Swagger in the customer’s iProva, and you need valid credentials for the customer’s iProva.